Seek and Find

Google

Saturday, November 14, 2009

"2012" The Movie - Review


Let me start by saying, "2012" the movie, is just that, a movie. There are two perspectives going on here however. One is the movie/entertainment aspect. The second is the science and history and prophecy aspects of the movie.

Based on what I saw, most, if not all, is very possible. Most of what is in the movie concerning the events that pretty much "defrag and reboot" the Earth, have happened in the past history of this planet. And yes, if they occurred again in our lifetime, "we are so screwed". However, "it is not the end of civilization".

There were a ton of adults in the theatre for the showing I saw. There were also way to many younger kids that I do not think needed to be there. The movie is dark and depressing, as it should be for the "end of days". It is pretty heavy and intense. It is not an "uplifting" tale.

However, from the pure entertainment factor, the special effects are awesome, and, the characters were pretty good. It is an edge of your seat ride. Props to Roland Emmerich. I will see this movie again. As I always say, "pay attention, this could be more than "just a movie".

Question for those of You that have seen "2012"? How many of You think that those arcs are actually being built, or, have been built somewhere on the planet? Leave me a comment or send me an email reggae8@aol.com

"Three And a Half Stars for "2012",

2 comments:

penman@truegosp.org said...

I haven't seen the movie 2012, but I have read descriptions of it and I have listened to some TV programming on the subject of end-time prophetic disasters.

There seems to be a fascination right now on this subject, but as I point out in my blog, one important thing is missing. Some of these shows refer to Bible prophecy, but they leave out what the Bible shows is the REASON for the end-time disasters. It can be shown from the Bible that these disasters, which are likely to come in our lifetimes (not as early as 2012), are punishments from God for the sins of mankind, punishments designed by God to bring man to repentance for our own long-term good.

But Hollywood does not talk about repenance.

Benita said...

There is no reason for any of us to think that such "Arks" do not already exist, or are not being built. This government works very hard on controling the minds of it's citizens. Foolish is the indivual who is not paying attention to the destruction of this planet and any subsequent outcomes. If you were filthy rich, wouldn't you have an escape plan?